Waking a bit melancholy isn't abnormal for me, but I've been surprised a few times to wake up and smile at the day. Last Saturday was a bit of a melancholy start, but Jesus gave me something to smile about right away. Next, I spent quite a bit of time with Him meditating on His [...]
I don’t normally post twice on Mondays, but my sweet friend and sister in the Lord’s post is so worth sharing. Vivian writes about living life with a TMI (Traumatic Brain Injury), her family, God, and many other wonderful things. I hope you’ll give her post a read.
(Photo credit goes to Pixabay.com user funnytools.)
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
We can all agree that laughter is a great medicine for stress relief.
Here are 6 reasons I’ve found why laughter improves one’s health:
1) Laughter relieves stress and tension for up to 45 minutes (and we all know stress is a big health crusher).
2) Laughter boosts the immune system by increasing immune cells and infection fighting antibodies which improves the bodies resistance to disease.
3) Increases endorphins released by your brain which result in feelings of well-being and pleasure.
4) Lowers blood pressure. This coexists with the first point because stress is a big culprit of most health issues. Laughter and a good diet can lower blood pressure.
5) Laughter works the abs because the stomach muscles expand and contract just like doing crunches.
6) Laughter improves cardiac…
View original post 167 more words
As part of our trip to Alberta we made a stop at the dinosaur museum in the badlands. This museum is located in Drumheller, Alberta. It was definitely worth the visit. Drumheller is such a great name. It was named after Samuel Drumheller who purchased the land from a fellow named Patrick Greentree. Greentree is a [...]