November 11, 2022 It's 9:51 Friday morning. I have a final exam today for the 2 week Introduction to Computers that's part of the whole of my ECE course. The last 3 weeks have been tiring, stressful and challenging. However, I've had more than one helping angel on my side. I've needed that help and [...]
Loss and Recovery
The Depressed Christian
The Depressed Christian sounds like such an oxymoron to my ears. Scripture teaches us to be joyful in hope and rejoice in our suffering. For those struggling with depression both of these can seem amazingly difficult at times. However, it's really liberating to share this thought. Depression forces me to become someone I'm not and [...]
The Best Medicine: 6 Health Benefits Of Laughter
I don’t normally post twice on Mondays, but my sweet friend and sister in the Lord’s post is so worth sharing. Vivian writes about living life with a TMI (Traumatic Brain Injury), her family, God, and many other wonderful things. I hope you’ll give her post a read.
(Photo credit goes to Pixabay.com user funnytools.)
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
We can all agree that laughter is a great medicine for stress relief.
Here are 6 reasons I’ve found why laughter improves one’s health:
1) Laughter relieves stress and tension for up to 45 minutes (and we all know stress is a big health crusher).
2) Laughter boosts the immune system by increasing immune cells and infection fighting antibodies which improves the bodies resistance to disease.
3) Increases endorphins released by your brain which result in feelings of well-being and pleasure.
4) Lowers blood pressure. This coexists with the first point because stress is a big culprit of most health issues. Laughter and a good diet can lower blood pressure.
5) Laughter works the abs because the stomach muscles expand and contract just like doing crunches.
6) Laughter improves cardiac…
View original post 167 more words
InfiniTea War: Minty Licorice Delight
It's time for another mint tea tasting! In fact it's time for more rehydration in general. I experienced a charlie horse in my leg yesterday while sitting cross legged on the bed trying to juggle pencils. Yes, apparently pencil juggling is a dangerous sport when not fully hydrated. More fluids needed. This post's challenger is [...]
No More Pain
Tuesday morning I woke feeling utterly lost. I had no sense of direction. I knew that I needed to make some changes to my blogging schedule (among other things), but for the life of me I couldn't solidify a game plan. We womenkind enjoy poking fun of the menfolk who stubbornly refuse to stop and [...]