No, I haven’t become Miss Doom and Gloom. I haven't lost hope either. 😀 I found this little "lost episode" in my email. I wrote it waaaaaaay back before the pandemic got started. It does pay off to squirell things away, especially when you're prone to choppy seas. Consider this a lost episode of Star [...]
Brace yourself for a quirky one. My mentor used to say that I'm a multidimensional person. I think this was his gentle way of saying that I have multiple personality disorder. Okay, nevermind that. I'll be back to myself in no time. The question is: Which self? On with the awkward show. Have you ever [...]
I don’t normally post twice on Mondays, but my sweet friend and sister in the Lord’s post is so worth sharing. Vivian writes about living life with a TMI (Traumatic Brain Injury), her family, God, and many other wonderful things. I hope you’ll give her post a read.
(Photo credit goes to Pixabay.com user funnytools.)
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
We can all agree that laughter is a great medicine for stress relief.
Here are 6 reasons I’ve found why laughter improves one’s health:
1) Laughter relieves stress and tension for up to 45 minutes (and we all know stress is a big health crusher).
2) Laughter boosts the immune system by increasing immune cells and infection fighting antibodies which improves the bodies resistance to disease.
3) Increases endorphins released by your brain which result in feelings of well-being and pleasure.
4) Lowers blood pressure. This coexists with the first point because stress is a big culprit of most health issues. Laughter and a good diet can lower blood pressure.
5) Laughter works the abs because the stomach muscles expand and contract just like doing crunches.
6) Laughter improves cardiac…
View original post 167 more words
I've been saving this one for so long my bananas are mushy. Nevertheless, even an overripe banana can be made into banana bread. If you're superstitious then you may throw daggers at me (or bananas) but I'm not one bit superstitious. There is the odd superstition that's pretty super. It's quite sensible to avoid running with [...]